Thursday, May 7, 2009

Day 38: We're Past the One Month Mark!

It's been over a month of no TV at home and I can honest say it's been a good decision. I rarely miss it any more. I've stayed at family's homes and at hotels recently where TV was easily accessible. I thought I would want to spend whatever time I could watching it, but I really didn't. Did I watch some TV in these instances - sure, but not much. Some people might say, "You cheated, you cheated", but the purpose of this little experiment was to get the TV out of my home and everyday life. A little TV when I'm away from home certainly seems reasonable. Besides, this it my life so I get to make the rules :)! Will we ever bring TV back into our home? I'm not sure. The one area I'm still not sure I want to do without TV is when I'm exercising in the basement over the long winter. The TV makes exercising on stationary equipment so much more enjoyable. One thing I am sure of - we'll never bring the TV back upstairs in our main living area. It would be too tempting to watch on a daily basis again.

Now that I've kicked the TV habit, I'm not sure how often I'll continue to blog. I really don't feel I need an outlet for this change in my life any more as I feel like I've embraced it. It's been a really good thing for me personally and for my spouse too. Perhaps you could try it without TV too - maybe just for one day or one week....who knows where it may lead you?

No comments:

Post a Comment