Thursday, April 23, 2009

Day 23: Easier Every Day

Well, it's been over three weeks without TV in the house and I can honestly say that it gets easier with each day. I was at my brother's house this past week for a couple days. Of course they had TV. I thought I might be tempted to overindulge and watch all my usual shows: DWTS, Biggest Loser, Desperate Housewives just to name a few. I really wasn't though. The TV was generally on most of the time in the background, but I never sat down and watched a show. Perhaps I've kicked the habit. If you asked me today, "Do I think I'll have TV back in our house again", I'd say probably not. Although I still miss it at home in the late evenings sometimes, I'm glad that I've been doing other things. Jeff started painting the basement last weekend and I plan on finishing it this weekend. And I've definitely been getting a better night's sleep without TV. I was listening to Oprah radio today and Gail King said that she has TV on all the time in her house in multiple rooms. She said she would find it VERY hard to not watch TV for even just one day. I say, Gail - you should try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment