Sunday, April 5, 2009

Day 5: There's Other Stuff To Do

Jeff and I had a really nice non-TV day today. We went for a walk, did a weight workout together, played cards and had nice conversation together. Certainly some of these things we would've done on a typical TV Sunday, but not all of them. I think no TV might actually improve our relationship. We have a good relationship, but it seems that not watching TV helps us to be more connected.

I must admit that I'm missing TV, especially when I feel like I just want to "veg out" at night. It uncomfortable not having the option of turning the TV on. The fact that I'm feeling this way tells me that TV really was too much a part of my life. Seriously - it's just an electronic box so why is it that it has so much pull on a my day. I'm hoping that how I feel now is just a transition and that I will eventually enjoy my day without TV naturally. Jeff says he doesn't miss it at all (but I'm not sure I believe him).

No comments:

Post a Comment