Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day 1: Are We Really Doing This?

BIG CHANGES in our household today. As of midnight 4/1/09 we no longer have TV! I've been thinking about getting rid of TV for a while now. My husband had been feeling the same way so we've finally decided to give it a try. It seems like the TV just sucks me in, even when there are other things I'd like to do.

I must admit that I stayed up until midnight last night watching TV for every last minute I could. Then when I got up this am, I turned the TV to verify that it REALLY was gone. I could still view all the stuff in our DVR programs though and I was tempted to keep it there for viewing (I had over 60 hours of programming), but then thought, "No, I should delete all this stuff too if we really want to try it without TV". I was pretty proud of myself for deleting it all.


Who knows how long of an "experiment" this will be. We might wimp out right away. I just kept thinking about it, but truthfully have been a little anxious about doing it. I like to think though, that if something keeps coming back into your thoughts over and over, perhaps it's something a person should pay attention to. I must admit, I'm looking forward to going home and having no TV options tonight. I feels like it "frees" me to do other things.

A friend of mine suggested that I blog about this new life experience, so here I find myself on blogger.com writing about. It sounded like a good idea, especially now that I'll have more time on my hands since I'm not watching so much TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment